Happy Wednesday loves! I have an exciting post coming at you today. I have partnered Dr. Lauren Boudreaux, a local dermatologist based out of Portland, Oregon. We are both going to share ways on how to keep your skin hydrated during the winter months. Let me put the disclaimer out there now- I am not a professional, nor do I claim to be. I am simply sharing some tips that have worked for me. Although I may not be a professional, Dr. Lauren Boudreaux is and can assist with any and all questions you may have.
About Dr. Lauren
Dr. Lauren received her degree from University of North Texas Health Science Center and is currently completing a Dermatology residency. If you are local, you can visit Lauren at the Key Laser Institute. I would also check out her Instagram for daily skin formations and beauty tips and tricks. Check out her awesome content here.
Jacki’s Winter Skin Hydration Tips
Alright, let’s get down to business. I am super excited to be sharing some things that I have done during the cold winter months to help with my extremely dry skin.
- The first and probably most obvious, probably most important- is drinking lots of water.
- Use lukewarm water when bathing. During the winter months, it’s almost automatic for us to turn up the hot water. I think we are all guilty of it, but try to avoid at all costs to avoid stipping your skin of the natural oils.
- Protect your skin! It is really important to use a barrier between your skin and the elements. This can be a hat, gloves, scarf, and SPF- Yes, even during the winter months!
- Night moisturize! I use Derma e hydrating night cream and Derma e facial oil. This combo has been my skins savior for the past few months. Although they do not have this particular facial oil available anymore, however, I would definitely recommend one of the following as replacements:
I won’t go too much into detail on these products because I have a full skin care post coming up, be on the lookout for that.
Now onto some special advice from the beautiful and talented, Dr. Lauren.
A Dermatologists Top 3 Tips For Keeping That Glow In the Winter:
- 1 cup ground organic coffee.
- 1 cup organic sugar or salt.
- 1/2 Cup organic coconut oil.
I hope you all enjoyed this really informative post on how to keep your glow during the winter season. If you love the collab with Dr. Lauren, you will be happy to know that we have another collaboration post coming up soon. So be on the lookout!