Hey, beauties! Can you believe that Generation beauty San Francisco is over? I definitely can’t. Tia and I have attended Generation beauty the past four years and have accumulated some pretty helpful tips for your visit to the next Generation Beauty.
What is Generation Beauty?
For those of you who do not know what Generation Beauty is, it’s a beauty event created by Michelle Phan. She wanted a place where brands, You tubers, bloggers, makeup artists, and makeup lovers come together to enjoy something we all love. The swag isn’t half bad either. I personally love meeting with brands and learning about the new products or current faves.
10 Tips & Tricks for Generation Beauty
- Early Registration. Generation beauty is always on Saturday and Sunday, but they always have an early registration. This happens on Friday before the event between 5-7pm. This gives you a sneak peek of the venue and you get your admission badges early.
- Prior to the event, check out the brand’s page on the Gen beauty website. Follow and like all the brands on social media. Believe me, this simple step will save you a lot of time. This is also a great time to prioritize what brands you want to visit with first. Create your plan of action.
- Eat breakfast!
- Arrive early. The lines fill up quickly. IPSY has an early entry admission that can be added on to your ticket. Kind of like Disney’s magical hour. You pay an extra fee of $39.95 for an extra hour to spend with the brands.
- Wear comfortable shoes. You won’t believe how many girls come fully glam in 9″ heels.
- Do not carry a huge bag/purse. Believe me, you will receive so many bags through out the day that you won’t need them. A wrist-let or cross body bag will suffice.
- If you are a blogger or Vlogger- have your business cards and elevator pitch ready.
- Necessities- phone, portable charger, water, and a snack. They do have food trucks outside of the venue to grab some lunch or drinks.
- Bring cash and card to purchase goodies at a discounted price. Brands like Benefit and Tarte sell their products at a discount.
- If you are not local to the event, bring a big luggage or an extra bag to carry onto the plane. You will need it!
This is was by far the most organized Generation Beauty that we have attended. All the lines went by smoothly and we were actually able to visit all the booths this time around. Which is something we were not able to do in the past? Another change is swag bags. Instead of getting a swag bag each day, you are given one big swag bag, whenever you decide to pick it up. Have you attended Generation beauty? How was your experience? Tell us in the comments.
Have a beautiful day!